1. A duplicate of a Eurasian patent shall be issued on request of the patent holder (his representative), executed in a free form, in the event of loss or defacement of the original. A duplicate of a Eurasian patent shall be issued in one copy. As of the date of issue of the Eurasian patent duplicate, the original shall be deemed invalid.
2. A request for the issue of a Eurasian patent duplicate, signed by the patent holder (his representative), shall be submitted to the Eurasian Patent Office (hereinafter – EAPO).
In cases of mandatory representation before the EAPO by a Eurasian patent attorney, as provided under Article 15(12) of the Eurasian Patent Convention, the request shall be filed by a Eurasian patent attorney, whose authority shall be confirmed by a power of attorney.
If the patent holder’s representative was not authorized to file the request under the power of attorney, that was presented to the EAPO earlier during the Eurasian application or Eurasian patent proceedings, a new power of attorney, envisaging such authority, shall be attached to the request.
3. Tariff payment shall be charged in accordance with the List of Paid Services, Provided by the EAPO at the time of filing a request for the issue of a Eurasian patent duplicate.
A document shall be attached to the request, confirming the payment of the fixed amount.
4. A Eurasian patent duplicate shall be issued within one month after the filing date of the request with the EAPO, provided that all the above conditions are met.
5. Information about the issue of a Eurasian patent duplicate shall be entered into the Eurasian Patents Register and published in the EAPO Bulletin.
6. A Eurasian patent duplicate shall be issued on a Eurasian patent form and shall bear a “Duplicate” mark and date of issue.
7. In the event that the above conditions fail to be met, the EAPO shall send to the patent holder (his representative) a notification on the need to present the respective documents or information within two months from the sending date.
In the event that the requested documents or information fail to be presented in due time, the request for the issue of a Eurasian patent duplicate shall not be satisfied.