Regular Working Groups under the EAPO AC
EAPO AC Budget Working Group
Budget Working Group of the EAPO Administrative Council (Budget Working Group) was created at the Third (Second Ordinary) session of the Administrative Council in 1996. It is a regular consultative body of the Administrative Council responsible for preparation of the budget.
Budget Working Group consists of one representative and his/her deputy from each Contracting State and EAPO. The Administrative Council may extend or restrict the number of members of the Budget Working Group.
Activity of the Budget Working Group is regulated by the Rules of Procedure which apply to the Administrative Council, Eurasian Patent Convention, regulatory documents and decisions approved by the Administrative Council as well as regulatory documents in the area of financial activity acting on the territory of the Organization's headquarters providing they do not contradict with the mentioned above documents.
The main tasks of the Budget Working Group are:
· to consider draft budget for the next financial year and draft of amendments to the approved budget. Preparation of conclusions for the Administrative Council;
· to prepare conclusions on annual reports and annual accounts of the Eurasian Patent Organization for the Administrative Council;
· to hold preliminary consultations over questions for discussion at the Administrative Council dealing with financial aspects. Preparation of corresponding proposals.
Budget Working Group is eligible to study results of audit work and to introduce amendments within its competence to the Administrative Council.
Budget Working Group is obliged to keep confidentiality.
Regular Working Group on Information Technologies of the EAPO Administrative Council
Regular Working Group on Information Technologies of the Administrative Council of the Eurasian Patent Organization (RWGIT) was created at twelfth (ninth ordinary) session of the Administrative Council in 2002 and is aimed at development of information technologies.
RWGIT consists of one representative from each national patent office of the Contracting States appointed by plenipotentiary representatives and one representative from the Eurasian Patent Office appointed by the President of the Eurasian Patent Office.
RWGIT activity is regulated by the Eurasian Patent Convention, legislative documents and decisions approved by the Administrative Council as well as other legislative and regulatory documents acting on the territory of the EAPO headquarters, binding for the Eurasian Patent Organization.
Activity of RWGIT is also regulated by the Statute on Regular Working Group on Information Technologies of the Administrative Council of the Eurasian Patent Organization and AC Procedure Rules.
The main tasks of RWGIT are to hold preliminary consultations, to develop joint products and draft of proposals for the Administrative Council in the form of recommendations, conclusions or other necessary documents necessary to:
· coordinate development and integration of the national patent offices of Contracting States and the Eurasian Patent Office in the field of automation;
· develop integrated search systems and file management system in the national patent offices of Contracting States and the Eurasian Patent Office;
· create and disseminate jointly developed information products;
· provide patent and information services to the national patent offices of Contracting States and the Eurasian Patent Office;
· introduce amendments relating to corresponding regulatory acts of the Organization.
Members of RWGIT have the following rights:
· to study in the prescribed manner the work of information, search, publishing and other EAPO departments and patent offices of the Contracting States in order to fulfill the above mentioned tasks;
· to participate in discussions and to make proposals during the RWGIT meeting, and to vote;
· to introduce within their competence and in the prescribed manner proposals for consideration at meetings of the Regular Working Group on Information Technologies.