Procedures for the issue of Eurasian patent copies
1. A copy of a Eurasian patent shall be issued
against a written request from the patent holder (or his representative) executed
in a free form.
In the event of mandatory representation before the Eurasian Patent Office (hereinafter EAPO) by a Eurasian patent attorney, as provided under article 15(12) of the Eurasian Patent Convention, the request shall be lodged by a Eurasian patent attorney, whose authority is to be certified by a power of attorney. If the representative of the patent holder was not authorized to file such a request in the power of attorney presented to the EAPO earlier during the proceedings on the Eurasian application or on the Eurasian patent, a new power of attorney, envisaging such authority, shall be attached to the request.
2. When filing a request for the issue of a copy of a Eurasian patent, payment shall be charged in accordance with the tariff in the List of Services provided by the EAPO. A document, certifying payment for the issue of a copy of a Eurasian patent in the established amount, shall be attached to the request.
3. A patent holder (or representative) may request the issue of several copies of the Eurasian patent.
4. A copy of a Eurasian patent shall be issued within one month from the date of the request to the EAPO, provided all the above conditions are met.
5. Information about the issue of a copy of a Eurasian patent shall be entered into the Eurasian Patents Register.
6. A copy of a Eurasian patent shall be issued on a Eurasian patent form and marked with the word “Copy”.
7. In the event of failure to comply with the above conditions, EAPO shall
send to the patent holder (or his representative) a notification on the need to
present respective documents or data within two months of the notification